Kids Run SARR is off to a great start. Last year, the kids had some wild fun with our Intro to Running program. While learning proper form, breathing, and pace setting, the kids were able to also explore the benefits of running with a SARR team.
In upcoming years, we plan to offer several different training programs:
- Kids Run SARR Intro to Running: a fun program geared toward helping 6-13 year old kids achieve consistent running habits. It will introduce pacing, both competitive and non-competitive exercises, yoga and other overall wellness practices. It generally consists of two training sessions per week
- Kids Run SARR Training: designed to take 10-13 year old kids who can already run 15 minutes without stopping up to running a 5K or 10K. It generally consists of two training sessions per week
- Develop an understanding of a running program
- Achieve the ability to walk, jog, or run for 30 minutes several days a week
- Encourage proper running form and incorporate yoga and other stretching techniques
- Develop character skills (setting goals, encouraging others, positive attitude, etc.) and an understanding of the importance of a healthy lifestyle.